PDA

View Full Version : Need help just ask!!!

Tinknocker
03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
ive changed every part of my yj out except for my tranny and transmission!!!

any questions just ask!!!

Bluedragon436
06-23-2014, 11:58 AM
I have a question for you... In another thread here on WT, I noticed you mentioned that someone should look to get the 94-95 YJ.. And I was just wondering what the reasoning was in that choice of years?? I only ask cause I am looking at possibly picking up a 92, and was wondering what drawbacks there might be to getting that one over a 94-95??

Tinknocker
06-24-2014, 11:03 AM
I have a question for you... In another thread here on WT, I noticed you mentioned that someone should look to get the 94-95 YJ.. And I was just wondering what the reasoning was in that choice of years?? I only ask cause I am looking at possibly picking up a 92, and was wondering what drawbacks there might be to getting that one over a 94-95??

94-95 have the 4.0l, the 92 will have the older 4.2/258 motor!!! The 4.0 is a better motor!!!

Bluedragon436
06-24-2014, 11:29 AM
I have been looking online and it shows that they went to the 4.0 in either 91 or 92, is that not correct?? Also I won't so much mind if the 92 I'm looking at has the 4.2L, as then I'd be that much closer to having the parts needed to do my budget stroker build to put back into the YJ if I do get it.. I am glad that in 92 they went to the electronic speedo instead of the cable driven.. Saw a few other details that make the 94-95 better as far as they have the external slave cylinder, and the other years have the internal (which is plagued by issues).. but it is simple enough to swap that out/upgrade that to the better one.. figure might as well do that when I replace the clutch, to make sure it'll not cause any issues out on the trails..

I just want to say, I'm not trying to be an a$$ or anything, I just want to get as much info as I can about the YJ, since I am looking at picking up a 92 YJ when I get back stateside, and am just trying to find out about any drawbacks or any things that might be an issue with the 93 and older YJ's, or things to look for & at when I go to look at this 92, as the YJ's are still new to me..

Tinknocker
06-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I have been looking online and it shows that they went to the 4.0 in either 91 or 92, is that not correct?? Also I won't so much mind if the 92 I'm looking at has the 4.2L, as then I'd be that much closer to having the parts needed to do my budget stroker build to put back into the YJ if I do get it.. I am glad that in 92 they went to the electronic speedo instead of the cable driven.. Saw a few other details that make the 94-95 better as far as they have the external slave cylinder, and the other years have the internal (which is plagued by issues).. but it is simple enough to swap that out/upgrade that to the better one.. figure might as well do that when I replace the clutch, to make sure it'll not cause any issues out on the trails..

I just want to say, I'm not trying to be an a$$ or anything, I just want to get as much info as I can about the YJ, since I am looking at picking up a 92 YJ when I get back stateside, and am just trying to find out about any drawbacks or any things that might be an issue with the 93 and older YJ's, or things to look for & at when I go to look at this 92, as the YJ's are still new to me..

Been a long time since I've thought about this, but they changed something on the 4.0 those years, which made it a better motor, so much they carried that motor into the tj's!!!

Bluedragon436
06-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Been a long time since I've thought about this, but they changed something on the 4.0 those years, which made it a better motor, so much they carried that motor into the tj's!!!

It's all good, I'm just glad that the 92 isn't the Renix engine, and is the HO engine.. I'm currently battling with a Renix engine in a 90 XJ.. and think I'd rather never see one again... Plus I can do things to the HO engine like the 99+ IM swap and such that I can't semi easily do with the Renix.. Thank you for your help and expertise though.. I'll def make sure and do a darn good look over on the 92 YJ when I get back stateside.. and hopefully I'll be able to snag it up for a good deal and get to enjoying some topless wheeling!!

Jeep EVERYTHING
12-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Could you tell me where/how to post pictures please? I'm new here but been watching since 200th episode.

Mudderoy
12-05-2015, 05:22 AM
Could you tell me where/how to post pictures please? I'm new here but been watching since 200th episode.

I think you've already figure this out, but let me know if you still have questions.

Bdn73g
06-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I need help with brakes.... Im good on rotors and pads in the front. No visible leaks, replaced front rotor and pad and old ones were good. Problem is, the pedal goes all the way to the floor and theres not really any stopping power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
06-04-2016, 04:40 PM
I need help with brakes.... Im good on rotors and pads in the front. No visible leaks, replaced front rotor and pad and old ones were good. Problem is, the pedal goes all the way to the floor and theres not really any stopping power

This will happen if there is air in the brake line. I think it also can happen if the master cylinder is bad. Have you checked the brake fluid level? Any warning light on your cluster about the brakes?

Bdn73g
06-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Yeah, i have a warning light on and the fluid was almost dry in the front part of the reservoir.

Bdn73g
06-04-2016, 04:45 PM
I filled the fluid up yesterday..

YJ Nate
06-05-2016, 08:24 AM

Are you saying you filled the fluid up yesterday, and still have the problem? Or that you filled it yesterday and now its empty?

If you filled it, and now its empty, leak, there should be a pretty large puddle of brake fluid somewhere under your jeep, find it, and trace it back to where it came from.

If you filled it and still have the problem, you probably had a substantial amount of air in the system from running the cyl. dry. You;ll need to take the time to bleed the brakes well.

If you do all of that, and still have problems, it could be a problem with the booster, or the master cyl, but I have to say, i've never dealt with replacing either of those.

Bdn73g
06-05-2016, 08:27 AM
I filled it and still have the problem. Im prepared to do some bleeding today... Hoping that fixes the issue...

Mudderoy
06-05-2016, 06:58 PM

So you filled it up and it went dry, or it was dry and you filled it up?

Bdn73g
06-05-2016, 09:43 PM
It was dry so I filled it up. Only the first section if the resevoir was empty, the back section was full.

YJ Nate
06-06-2016, 02:03 PM
It was dry so I filled it up. Only the first section if the resevoir was empty, the back section was full.

If just the front was dry, I'd still suspect a leak. Get it good and bled, and then monitor it for leaks. The brakes are a closed/sealed system, so you should never lose fluid.

Mudderoy
06-06-2016, 02:08 PM
I was lucky with my wife's TJ, brake fluid was everywhere on the inside wheel well driver's side. The cylinder just let go.

Bdn73g
06-07-2016, 07:58 AM
I called myself looking for leaks but probably need to do a better job inspecting....