New motor runs hot idling.,., - Page 2 - WranglerTalk -Jeep Wrangler Forum
WranglerTalk -Jeep Wrangler Forum
xjtalksho.com

Go Back   WranglerTalk -Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ - Jeep Wrangler (1997-2006) > OEM/Factory (TJ)

Notices

Old 07-16-2009
Just some guy
Mudderoy's Profile Fields

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Chats: 94
Mudderoy has disabled reputation
Points: 26,732, Level: 1 Points: 26,732, Level: 1 Points: 26,732, Level: 1
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNDANCE View Post
Well .,.,i quess i'm just going to chalk it up to thats the way it is.,,.,.,and just don't let it set and idle!!!!! I've tryed all things everyone and said to try..,still no help..,,its not a strocker.,.,and not sure the over bore,,.030 is the norm.,but who knows,..,good question i'll check the paperwork and see if it tell the overbrore.,.,and specks..,.,

with it sitting idling with the rad. Cap off the water is flowing good.,.,,.and seems to be pleny air is being pulled through??? We have blocked off the gap beween the rad. And rad. Support., no change.,.,,i'm tired of throwning parts and money at it,.,.the crate motor is a "atk of north amercia" and has an 3 years or 100,000 warranty..,.,so i'm going to run it and hope it gets better.,.,/(ya rite.,,. Thats going to happen).,,.
Thanks
Well if the bore is 040, or 060 I can understand how more heat is going to get passed to the coolant. You know it would be fairly cheap/easy to throw a flex fan and a spacer on there. I bet that would make a big difference at idle and low rpms. You didn't mention the fan shroud. How about the belt being tight enough? What rpm do you idle at? Should be around 750 rpm.

Just curious, why did you change the motor? 113k seems very low for a 4.0L.
Old 07-26-2009
SUNDANCE's Profile Fields

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chats: 0
SUNDANCE is on a distinguished road
Points: 324, Level: 1 Points: 324, Level: 1 Points: 324, Level: 1

Curious as to why i changed the motor at 113k....,the motor run great and was in perfect shape,.,no leaks, didn't us any oil, got 16-18 mpg on hiway.,.,i made a honest mistake.,.,but never the less, a dumb one..,.,i mistakenly poured 12oz. Of alum. Cleaner in the tank, thinking it was injector cleaner.,.,never mind how it happen, it happen,..)-;..,12oz in 19 gal. Of gas.,.,the motor run at highway speed 65-70 for one hour...before locking up..,.,wiped out, fuel pump, injectors, pistons, values, bent push rods, i'm still sick over it...,an broke $$$$.,,i set and cry alots...,.
Old 07-26-2009
Just some guy
Mudderoy's Profile Fields

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Chats: 94
Mudderoy has disabled reputation
Points: 26,732, Level: 1 Points: 26,732, Level: 1 Points: 26,732, Level: 1

Wow, that almost physically hurt to read. Man I hate to hear that.
Old 07-26-2009

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chats: 0
spyder3969 is on a distinguished road
Points: 433, Level: 1 Points: 433, Level: 1 Points: 433, Level: 1
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNDANCE View Post
Curious as to why i changed the motor at 113k....,the motor run great and was in perfect shape,.,no leaks, didn't us any oil, got 16-18 mpg on hiway.,.,i made a honest mistake.,.,but never the less, a dumb one..,.,i mistakenly poured 12oz. Of alum. Cleaner in the tank, thinking it was injector cleaner.,.,never mind how it happen, it happen,..)-;..,12oz in 19 gal. Of gas.,.,the motor run at highway speed 65-70 for one hour...before locking up..,.,wiped out, fuel pump, injectors, pistons, values, bent push rods, i'm still sick over it...,an broke $$$$.,,i set and cry alots...,.
When I first got into the Army, I used LES grease (which I later found out, is used to lubricate the Mk-19 grenade laucher) to fill the power steering fluid reservoir in a M1025 (Hummer). After I topped it off with the LES, we started out on a training mision (thank God) and got about a 1/2 mile down the road and the steering went out on it. Once I told my Sgt what I had did he made me drive it back to base...it was like trying to steer a ship with no rudder. Thankfully I did get it back and all I had to do is clean the pump out and refill with the proper fluid. LOL.